Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Monday, January 26, 2009

Tracy = Water Girl = Ecstatic Joy

I am so delighted with the new look of my blog!


I needed to make some changes. Much as I love J.W. Waterhouse and dark colors and mellow music, I am sick to death of the winter...and it's only January...which means that there are several gray months to go. That said I thought I would make it delightful and bright and light here...at least for now...until I brood again...LOL.


At any rate, I've changed the music up a bit, taken some selections from little brothers playlist and incorporated it with a bunch of my own favorites or newer interesting choices.


The new picture is by photographer Howard Schatz. I don't know his name for it but I call it The Water Witch and I love it. He has done a number of series of underwater/water/pool related photos and is phenomenal. I realized when I came across a bunch of his artwork today, that I had seen a couple of pieces a few years ago and really liked him then as well. It was in an advertisement and his name was nowhere to be seen at the time, so I was glad to finally, formally make the acquaintance. The original piece that I saw was: U/W #49 from Pool Light. He has a broad portfolio and has done some amazing work with the human form in light, in water and in action. A good portion of his work is in nudes, so if you don't like nudes or they offend you he is definitely not the artist for you. If you are interested, here is the link to his site: http://www.howardschatz.com/


The new green and blue background is by Sugar and Spice: http://mysugarandspicecreations.blogspot.com/


In my perusings today I found a pretty cool website: http://www.surfmusic.com/

It really struck a chord with me and I was really excited to find it.


Having grown up and vacationed near oceans for a reasonable portion of my life, and having had a Brazilian father who transplanted to California and a California Girl for a mother, I had a significant amount of beach time logged in at a very young age. I love the water, the sun, the sand, the fresh air and definitely the outdoorsey feel that goes along with that. I also love surf and beach music. I came across this site today and they have several available playlists which I had a lot of fun browsing through today. If summer is feeling too far away right now...give it a look-see...let a little light in...think of balmier times.


Also, while perusing all things ocean and water today, I came across a quote that I thought would be interesting to share, it is by Euripides and says: "Neither earth nor ocean produces a creature as savage and as monstrous as woman." Sooooooo...Euripides? Of course it is possible that since it is only a one-sentence quote that I am taking it completely out of context, but I highly doubt that will be the case once I look into it a bit further...o.k...I take it back, maybe I was a little bit wrong...or a lot of bit...but here it is: Euripides was the last of the great tragedians in Greek history. He was considered out of his time, and one of the reasons for this was because he wrote women into strong and realistic roles and portrayed slaves as intelligent beings, allowing them their humanity and not villainizing them at every turn. Unfortunately not a lot is known about him beyond the brief bio. So, something new learned today. If you want more detail on him, you kind find info on him in Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euripides


So, with that, for now, it's time to make dinner and get something done around this home of mine. A parting thought...


"May your joys be as deep as the ocean, your sorrows as light as its foam." Anonymous

No comments: