Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reports of My Assimilation Have Been Greatly Exaggerated.

O.k. o.k. so it's been a few days since the last posting. I promise I have been in absentia with relatively good reason.

Apparently there was a slight incident of tooth decay...you know...little microbes swirling around inside your mouth just looking for a chance to wreak a little havoc...build a budding little thoroughfare, perhaps a burgeoning metropolis...munching on the bug buffett...looking for a nerve to chew on, jump on and throw a kegger on...yes...first adult cavity and it was a doozy. Two appointments, six hours in the chair of delight, multiple drill bits, x-rays, a small amount of blood, some smoke billowing out of my mouth, the smell of burnt bone and blood, $1800 and one root canal later...and I'm as good as gold or better...or as my beloved would say "Hey girl, let's see that $1800 grill!"

I have never known such misery as I did before this whole tooth thing. I've known pain...and I've known pain...but when it's in your head like that...constant...incessant...never ending...ugh...what a weekend.

Anyway...I originally thought I could sit down at the computer waiting for some meds to kick in on Saturday, but that didn't go so well. After about 5 minutes I had had it and was on to the next activity which involved a very hot shower beating on my face just to get a little relief waiting for the Lortab to kick in. 15 minutes out of the shower and I wanted to start howling at the moon again. It took longer than I thought for the Lortab to take effect...but once it did...good times my friends...good times. Needless to say, my entire weekend was more of the same. I was able to get an emergency appointment with a brand new dentist on Monday afternoon, so fortunately I didn't have to wait long.

So this has been my personal hell and my own little drama these past few days, but I feel phenomenal now. In fact I realized that when pain is slowly creeping, and you keep ignoring it, not realizing that it is building up gradually, bit by bit, until you get the problem fixed and are better, you don't quite realize how poorly off you really were.

Also, in the interim of my indisposition I have read and enjoyed the following books:
The House of Night Books by PC Cast and her daughter Kristin Cast
I: Marked
II: Betrayed
III: Chosen
IV: Untamed
They are teen books, so it was reading lite, teen angst, problem solving, self discovery and vampirism, but they were enjoyable and the Cast women spin a good story.

I also read Driving With Dead People: A Memoir by Monica Holloway. Interesting story full of humanity in all its joy, its pain, its light, its darkness and need to be understood.

So enough for now...it's late, I'm tired and I have harp lessons in the morning which I need to get up for...so auf wiedersehn, adieu, au revoir, tchau and I'll write again soon.

2 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

Welcome back.

Greetings from London.

Unknown said...

Woah....my sympanthies go out to you. My worst chair experience was filling a large cavity when I was 19 and I still have nightmares....Just reading that gave me chills.... Thats why I go in every 6 months on the dot...