Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Leather and Leopards

Los Escorpiones...aka The Scorpions: Francis, Rudolf, Klaus, Herman & Matthias
If you don't know who they are...then sheesh...you must just be a little kid...


Ok.

I know what this looks like...actually I know exactly what it looks like. It looks like a leather train wreck with a bunch of hair from Germany from the 80's...with a precious leopard beret to top it all off...and it's fabulous. I mean--you've gotta have some awesome confidence to carry off this look, with that look on your face and have people still take you seriously enough to give your record company money for your music.

I could not possibly pass up posting this picture.

A: I was on a Scorpion's "Best of" nostalgic kick this last week. I don't know---I just LOVE "Still Loving You" and "No One Like You" I can listen to it over and over again--loud--and singing at the very tippy top of my lungs every precious word... it's the Jersey rocker-style girl deep down inside. I busted the Bon Jovi out as well...but I don't want to talk about it. I have trouble reconciling it with my Black Flag, Bad Brains, Clash, Sex Pistols, Violent Femmes and Misfits side from my teenage wunder-years.

ANYWAY...

B: I thought..."Oh, I'm going to find a Scorpion's picture and put it on Facebook, just for fun." and I found this gem. All leather. All 80's. All the time.

C: You wouldn't usually expect men to rock a beret...let alone a leopard beret...but if you think you can...and you do...then you can. I'd like to encourage any of you men out there in the great ether void to consider it. Think you've got an inner rocker? If you've got that air guitar down---it might be time to start dressing the part. Just don't use the sock-stuffing trick...it doesn't really work and it grosses the chicks out and you look like an idiot.

So there you have it. Confession #5005 from Tracy's closet of purported musical indiscretions and misdemeanors. Well, allegedly anyway-- by people who don't know any better than to only like one style of music...

But seriously...if you've never driven 80 mph down the road practically screaming "Still Loving You"...well...you just haven't really lived now, have you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahaha...I can so see you driving 80 down the freeway and belting that! My car song of choice is Hands Down by Dash. (the bridge). Miss ya!