Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Monday, March 7, 2011

Little Girls are Interesting, Strange Little Creatures...

In Primary yesterday (for the non-Latter-Day Saint readers...it's like Sunday School for the 3-11 year old crowd...and I am in it to win it as a member of the leadership team...4.5 years and going strong...) I looked down at the row of 3-year old Sunbeams (the name of the class for 3 year olds) yesterday and one of them had her head in her hands and was **weeping**...not crying mind you...**weeping** as thought the world had ended and all candy and kittens were gone.

It was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.
I thought "Holy Crap what the Hell happened here?" (yes...I have thought such things during church...you see---I am no saint nor martyr---nor do I have any plans for either anytime in the near future) and said "Oh baby girl, come here, come here." and I picked her up and walked to the back of the room with her saying "Avery, Avery...what's the matter, honey?"

She lifts her head, huge tears welling in her eyes and rolling down her face and says in a teary, trembling, teeny, tiny, baby girl voice..."I forgot my song book to sing our songs!"

REALLY????...
So I said "Well, where is your song book, sweetie?"

"My mommy has it in the diaper bag."

"O.k. well let's go find her and get it for you."
Found mommy, got book, instant smiles, little child running back to the Primary room, in her chair, singing like a little bird.

Done.

Easiest problem I've solved all week.

1 comment:

Kelly Sparrow said...

Little boys are strange too. My 9 yr old welled up with tears today because I honked the horn at him when he was standing in the middle of the driveway and not moving as I pulled in. Hmm...