Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Monday, March 28, 2011

If You Go to Mexico You Can Have a Baby...Grandpa Said So.

On a day of no consequence my desk phone rang at work. It was my grandparent’s number so I picked it up. The following conversation took place, in Portuguese, and is forever seared in my mind.

**Note: Please use a Latvian or even a Russian accent when reading the part of my Grandpa.  If you don't know what that is...a mildly Dracula-esque accent will do.

Grandpa: Trrrracy, I want to talk to you about verrrry delicate subject.

Tracy: O.k. what’s up?

Grandpa: Why do you not have a baby?

(Well alright then...straight to the point...)

Tracy: My girl guts don’t work Grandpa.

Grandpa: I have been thinking about this and I have a solution. We know people. They sent their daughter to Mexico and she came back pregnant.

(Surprise...pause...digest...Did he really just say "Mexico"???)

Tracy: O.k. Grandpa. They did, huh? Good for her.

Grandpa: I have the doc-torrr’s name. You can take the bus down into Tijuana. Then on the corner of Calle Numero 7, you know, street #7, there is a doctor there who is very successful with getting women pregnant.

(my Tracy thought..."I bet he is...corner of Calle 7 indeed...")

Tracy: He is, is he?

(My eyebrows are so far up into my hairline at this point you can’t even see them.)

Grandpa: Yes! Very successful. You should make a trrrip.

Tracy: O.k. Grandpa. Take a bus into Tijuana, go to the corner of Street #7, …I can get pregnant. O.k. Thanks for thinking of me.

Grandpa: I love you!

Tracy: Yeah…I love you too Grandpa.

*****
To this day, several years later, this remains one of the more interesting and entertaining grandparent stories...of which there are several.

I always thought it was interesting that the old man couldn't spot me a ride himself down into Mexico and that he thought I should hop the Greyhound Express and head into a foreign city of ill repute to try and get pregnant alone...well not really alone...the doctor at the corner of Street #7 was apparently well equipped to hook a sister up.

Anyway...good times...you can't make this stuff up. ;)

2 comments:

kelly ochoa said...

I have always found that Men who have become Grandfather's are amazing Men.

Kelly Sparrow said...

Ha ha!!! If only it were so easy, right?