Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Beauty and the Nude



Warning: If you get your panties in a snit over artistic nudity, don't waste my time. Naked bums alert.

Incredible song, beautifully done video.

I stumbled across this completely by accident as I was perusing free stuff on iTunes. I loved the song, and thought "Hey, maybe there is a video for it." And sure enough there was.

At first I was a little wary, because you never know what people are going to spring on you without your consent (hence my own warning above.) As the song got underway, my body swayed, my foot tapped, and I could not help but become completely engrossed in the story of naked love and longing.

True love, love-you-til-the-end-of-the-world-love-when-the-lights-go-out kind of love is raw and naked and exposed and that's where the sweetness of the trust, the loyalty and the honesty come from.

There is beauty in the love between a man and a woman and their ability to create life together, creating a legacy of humanity that goes on and on and on. I think that gets lost at times in the over-sexualized society that we live in--a society that can be broken down to varied and sundry entertainment, club music, sex and hook ups. Yes, I know there is more than that, but sometimes, it seems like the debauchery would overpower everything else. Overall I think that there are encouragements and leanings for a lack of commitment between the sexes to respect each other and to value what each one brings to the table, things that are good, and different and complimentary, and that is a sad thing.

I don't know...the song...it is about life, and love, and sex. It is sensual and there is beauty and intensity in the video...it spoke to me and I think I've listened to it 12 times now.

Enjoy...or don't. ;)

1 comment:

Kelly Sparrow said...

Loved it. Loved loved loved it. Do you remember when I told you about the picture I saw at my friends of her and her huband naked in sillouette holding each other just like in this video and it brought me to tears? It's so raw and beautiful. Strong and fragile. I would love love love it a certain army man would pose for a similiar picture with me. We will have to see....