Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Getting Ready for the Haunting


Well, now isn't this a delight!

My home is ready for Halloween. I'm not usually quite ready so early...but I've been working on it for awhile now.

I have decorated my home like a haunted house. I'm really excited about it!

There are cobwebs in the corners and perched delicately on the artwork hanging on the walls, there are dusty shelves and books and nooks and crannies with little guests like spider families going about their business. I have dust bunnies under beds and tucked away under furniture. I even have a spooky smiling skull in my living room. It is going to be AWESOME!!

I have spent all year getting ready for Halloween. You've got to get started early if you really want the authentic look. Dust and cobwebs can't just be added in at the last moment, I mean unless you want the store bought ones, but that just isn't the same...they are too white--too fake, if you want the authentic look, you've got to build your own--wispy and barely there and you can only see them in a certain type of light, and unless you are there at the perfect light you don't know they are there at all...it's much more mysterious!

All I need to do is play some spooky music and I'm ready to go.

...Don't forget the outside though.

I've got leaves galore, and have even managed to hang on to a few weeds for that slightly unkempt look...like I said...this year...I'm taking the prize.

There is also probably a skeleton in a closet somewhere and if I can avoid the bowling ball landing on my head when I peer into an overstuffed closet maybe I will find it!

So...yard sale anyone??

:D

1 comment:

Kelly Sparrow said...

Spooky! You definately have a flair for the macabre! (sp?)