Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Saturday, February 20, 2010

3 a.m. Rocker Girl

Travis Barker

So, I’ve been watching Travis Barker drumming videos on YouTube for almost an hour now. Why, Tracy, why? Well, I’ll tell you why, because Travis Barker, of Blink 182 and +44 fame, is ROCKIN’ IT! Boyfriend is getting his illustrious and talented drumming groove ON. WOW.

Now, I don’t know about his lifestyle or what he’s all about, I don’t know what his philosophies or politics are, and I don’t care. I just know that he and his respective cronies have kept us rocking in our house for over a decade now. I love Blink 182 and I love +44. I love it in the car, in the kitchen, in the living room, in the headphones or in the car…wait I said “the car” already didn’t I? Well, I really LOVE it in the car…anyway, it doesn’t matter where-- it just matters how loud really.

And let’s be honest shall we? As a chick who’s been to multiple concerts and parties, and has definitely listened to her fair share of way-too-loud-your-mom’s-gonna-get-pissed music, the louder the better. The tinnitis isn’t too bad, really it’s not. Besides my school of thought for most things is “Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.” That includes ears.

So far I’ve listened to his versions of Busta Rhymes “Don’t Touch Me,” Flo Rida’s “Low” (which as some of you know is my very favorite “Naughty Girl” song, so adding some guitar and some pounding drums, pretty much sends me into auditory heaven), Slaughterhouse’s “The One,” and Soulja’s “Crank That”…multiple times.

I can’t get enough, it’s like I’m some kind of auditory junkie. GIVE ME MORE!! The sound mixed with the video of him pounding those drums like a maniac is almost primal and I feel like I should yank the cord for the headphones out, let it blow out-the speakers and dance around the room with rhythm and groove and hair flying in every direction and sweat pouring down my face as I shine in music joy.

My Drawing: Dancing Girl

But…there’s always a “but” isn’t there?…

But, given that it is almost 3:00 a.m. and I’m in a relatively conservative neighborhood full of mostly 30 to 40-somethings with little kidlets, the chances of that happening are close to nil. Not to mention that my raucous drumming delight would be competing with the massive Call of Duty II firefight going on, as we speak, on the other side of the room with the Xbox Live player, who shall remain nameless.

So, instead, for now…I remain…the 3 a.m. Rocker Girl with Headphones with my head bobbing, foot tapping and brain screaming “Hell Yeah, Baby! Hell--Yeah!”

No comments: