Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Monday, February 8, 2010

My Life Via iPhone

Photo of a Photo: Grace & Tracy 1993

So lately I've really been enjoying my iPhone. I take substandard pictures, often slightly blurry pictures, of everything...mostly because I can directly download them into my Facebook page and share it all with anyone who might be remotely interested or perhaps entirely bored with their own day.

Wall of Radishes: 2010: Food 4 Less: Because it looked beautiful

I download food I have cooked, food I'm about to eat, food that I can't believe that other people eat, views of mountains, oceans and freeways. I take pictures of things I find that I like in a store, flowers that I thought were pretty, and pictures of loved ones and friends that I am with. Due to a recent trip to the grandparents house, I have also started taking pictures of pictures and downloading those too...I'm sorry...I have no scanner, so this is what you get. I figure, you never know when there might be a fire or some kind of terrible disaster, and this way they are preserved forever on my Facebook page...or at least until some online tragedy occurs, which let's be honest, haunts all of us occasionally in the back of our minds.

AMAZING Yogurt we had on our roadtrip to California: I didn't want to forget what kind it was

When I got the iPhone, I thought "AWESOME!!! I have current technology!" Of course this feeling only lasts the millisecond it takes for something new to come out and rob you of this feeling, BUT I was IN the moment and loving it. I realized that I had been sooooo behind the times, but now, I was IT, I was hip and happening! Watch out!! Trendy Girl alert!!

Picture of a picture: my Aunt and Uncle in Brazil: from the 1940's

I was absorbed for the remainder of the afternoon, curled up on the couch and I input names, phone numbers and addresses...and then I found that I could surf the internet--Ahhhhh!!!!!... send email, watch YouTube, and *gasp* TAKE PHOTOS!!! It's true. I squealed like a 15 year old. Let the picture taking begin!!!! Don't have your camera with you?? NO PROBLEM! Let me help you out!

I have 917 photos on my iPhone.

Go ahead...take it in...it took me a minute to absorb the mania I have been under as well.

I can now capture the moment to moment minutiae, and you know what...I love it. No matter how tiny the camera is, it's still not as small as the phone, and the phone is always with you...unless you're my sister...then it could be anywhere...but I digress.

My grandparents with my sister's little boy

So my conclusion... 1 iPhone + 1 Tracy = Happy Happy Joy Joy and Boatloads of moments previously un-caught on film.

Apparently everything you need, all right next to each other...Gin, Vodka and Baby Formula

Now...if I could just figure out how to download them from the phone to the computer...

Calvin "Boone"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The joy will last. I have had mine for a year and half and am still very much in love. The games, the scheduling, the emailing, the gchatting, the budgeting, the facebooking, the scriptures, the flashlight, the couponing....I cant get enough!!!!