Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Huzzah! Hurrah! and All That Jazz

 http://piccsy.com/2012/01/neil-gaiman/

New day.  New year.

A great time for reflection, introspection, perhaps some personal annoyance at things unaccomplished, and a reality check that if there's something that is really important to you then you'd better hop to.

I'm looking at this new year as time ticking to get some things done.  Things that are important to me.  Their relevance to others irrelevant.

2011 was kind of topsy-turvy.  Ups and downs but no doubt not unique from any of the rest of the world.

My 40's have been interesting, and in another short bit of time I'll be solidly two years in.  With it has definitely come additional confidence, and a little bit of devil may care...as in the devil may care what you think...but saucily...I don't.

Well, that's not exactly true either, I do care what other people think, just not as much as I use to.  I find my own counsel very companionable right now. Most people seem to have some kind of an agenda, good, bad, and/or indifferent. And while some may be blessed with resources there are a lot of us out there in the big bad that have to carve our own way out of the living rock--pick-axing our way to accomplishment, and when we slide or lose our footing...baby...there ain't much of a safety net if there is one at all.  Which--will often make a person wary of change or acting on a crazy-hair whim.  But no matter--opportunity is lost whether you have a safety net or not.

So in 2012--I think I'm going to take a little more risk, live a little more edgily.  Not like a 23 year old partying like a rock star...but like an almost 42 year old looking to own her own ass and make some changes that will bring a greater level of accomplishment and joy.

So here's to a reboot.  Here's to pursuing dreams even if they fail.  Here's to stepping out of the box and having more than just amazing ideas...but pursuing them to failure or accomplishment and learning along the way.

May your 2012 be equally filled with the things you have always dreamt of and never done.

2 comments:

optic junkie said...

Huzzah! REBOOT! I like the changes too!

Silmara C. said...

WOW! What a wake up call. I guess you verbalized what I feared. I guess it`s not about the accomplishing in the end, but getting something done at some point, risking, surprising myself that the result may not come in the end, but in the process of? That the accomplishing may not be what is meant, but that tring may open a whole new set of doors?
Well, I`d say we break some doors open.
Beautiful and inspiring. It reflects exactly what you are.