Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Friday, December 2, 2011

Bowled Over

Today was a blustery day.

O.k. it was more than blustery...it was downright vicious wind.  In some places it got up to 102 mph.  It was bad enough where I was so I can't imagine 102. 

Something like 15 semi trucks got blown over on the freeway not too far down the road from here.  The freeway was closed and countless trees, store signage and telephone poles were flipped and cast about wreaking havoc from Weber County down to Salt Lake County. 

Here is one  of my experiences today:  

Today I realized that I am not invincible. I had to try 4 times to get around a SUV in order to get into a building that I had a meeting in this morning. When I first got out of my car, the wind hit me so hard that it blasted my hair straight up in the air and then gave me a swirly. I almost lost my scarf but grabbed it at the last minute and as I came around from behind the SUV, a gust of wind hit me so hard it pushed me back. I had to attempt it 3 more times before making it around a corner into an outdoor wind tunnel and then it took two people to open the door. Ridiculous and a little unnerving.

No comments: