Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

10 Things I Don't Hate About Winter

So my friend Jacelle posted 10 things she doesn't hate about winter. I thought it was a good proactive approach to looking towards the positive. As a side note, per her own declaration, apparently she's a Capricorn and a realist. I'm an Aquarius and a forward thinking artisan...yeah, whatever, right? ;)

Anyway--here is my list:

10 Things I Don't Hate About Winter
  1. Crystal blue skies with huge granite mountains covered in pristine snow.
  2. Nightime skylines. There is nothing like a pure, cold, winter night with a sky full of stars.
  3. Studded snow tires. I have them. I highly recommend them. I love them. It's like my baby car is a little snowcat and just hauls it through the snow.
  4. Crackling fireplaces. I don't have one, but I visit any that I know of as often as possible.
  5. Lots of evening time for reading, with zero guilt about not being out working in the yard.
  6. Chicken & Waffles party. Our family once lived in Los Angeles and had the delicious opportunity to visit Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. Since we have no Roscoe's here, we have our own Chicken & Waffles party. We've done this twice now and it was delicious.
  7. Snowshoeing. I got new snowshoes this Fall and I'm excited to bust those bad boys out and get going on one of those pristine snow covered mountainsides...on a crystal blue day.
  8. Scarves, sweaters and hats. Three of my favorite clothing items.
  9. Holiday parties. I love dressing up. I love the glitter and the sparkle. I love laughing and talking. I love getting together with friends and family. I love all of the awesome food.
  10. February. Valentine's Day and my birthday, and usually a warm snap to give us a break from the cold. What's not to love?

So there you have it...my current Top 10. If you asked me about it on another day, no doubt I would also come up with I love soup and Christmas...but that's not today. Today I want a sink-your-teeth-into-it hot Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and I've got to get that tree down before it turns into the Valentine's Day tree.

Peace out, kids. :D

No comments: