Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Own Inception...of Dreams and Their Strangeness

December 21, 2010

 Last night I dreamt I was running away from a freight train that was crashing towards me. Despite the giant yellow and red engines that were buckling and sliding my way, I miraculously escaped out of a giant gym right into a park where a river was raging fast and hard and rising towards where I stood.

I sat down in a large, brown leather armchair close to the river's edge, fascinated by it's violence, beauty and power. I knew I needed to get away, get to safety, and I puzzled over why I was sitting and not running. It was weighted to stand. 

The water continued to rise and I broke free from my invisible bonds as the river came for me and I jumped up and grabbed my things as it lapped at my heels and then ankles as I ran away. Little Calvin (my sister's 3 year old) was suddenly there and I told him "Grab my pocket, let's go!" (if my hands are full, sometimes I tell him to hold my skirt or my pocket until I can free up my hands.)

(It is curious that I said this. Under real circumstances I would have picked him up and run, but then this was a dream and not real.)

We got away and up to dry land. We stood in a copse of summer green trees and long grass. Fields and trees and wild greenery overgrowing old fences and rocks stood near and also across the river and in a distance. The sunlight came from everywhere and nowhere. The sky was not blue but whitish-gray.  

All of the sudden the river was as still as a lake, it did not move. In the shadow of the great trees that leaned over it, It was black and the wind rippled it's surface. I saw leaves drop from the trees and gently float on its surface.

Then I noticed the noise and it was getting closer. I heard a roaring like screeching branches against a window--magnified--or like the wheels of a freight train about to jump the track. And I could see the water rushing in a roiling, thick, muddy flood heading straight my way. It was crashing down the main way, too fast to escape. It hit the bend and the front wave exploded upwards with a thudding crash that shook the ground, and around the curve it raced pushing the clean water ahead of it.

I woke up with a start. 

Anxiety much? I was happy to wake up. Sheesh.

No comments: