Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Love Technology

I love technology.

No really...I really do...except when it malfunctions...and then...it's true I am a mental tantrum thrower.

I don't actually throw things though I would like to...I just get SUPER pissed. It's ridiculous and devoid of rationale and reason to get so irked and overly emotional about it, but really...How dare it inconvenience me, dammit...I have plans...and they did not include a reboot, or a restore, or a new launch, or blah-whatever-blah. I also hate updates. They are so cumbersome and everything ends up changed and you have to re-learn it all, and most of the time I don't feel like I have the time to tinker so then I'm irked and trying to FITFO before I really get into a time crunch. (If you don't know what FITFO is, you'll need to Figure It The...Out on your own...go insert your own words in the remaining slots...and shame on you if you pick the wrong ones. ;)

I know...it's a total whine-fest...I need some cheese and crackers to go along with it.

Anyway, this is not the year for me when it comes to technical devices.

My beautiful widescreen monitor fizzled out and due to budget constraints (we're all suffering from them, aren't we?) I was sans my computer for an achingly long period of time.

As you may also be aware from a previous post, my external hard drive bricked...that was a drama. I'm still in counseling for it... just kidding... not really but I probably could have been committed at the time. I am still recovering from it and get the occasional pang of sadness and regret when I think about all of the lost and beloved data...but so much for that, there's nothing to do about it now.

So, next, my PC at work has it's mostly good days but some pretty crappy ones too. Sometimes it requires a triple or quadruple reboot just to get the internet to hook up and get moving in the morning. Usually on mornings when there is no time for mollycoddling. It's at least once every week or two which is mostly a hassle more than anything else.

Then---oh yes---then there is tonight. My iPod and I have a happy and well tended relationship. I take good care of it and it plays all of my favorites and varied playlists to my heart's pure content. Well, I synched it up and that went well enough...but...for some reason the all-controlling-Apple-in-the-sky has a hard time letting you own your own music and so a work around is in order. While performing an additional synch of a few new discs that I ripped I noticed that the iPod stopped working and I had a frightening message pop up on the computer screen indicating that my iPod was not being recognized and the a Restore needed to be performed.

Now...so far I have 5,264 songs and who knows how many playlists that would need to be restored. I have no confidence...EVER...that when I synch that it's going to work out. To me, it always feels like a crap-shoot as to whether it will work the way it's suppose to. It is definitely a leap of faith. So, after performing some research, I took the leap and followed the directions of the wise and woolly who have gone through similar experiences and so far we are 25 minutes into it and at song 3,338. This better work or else...or else...or else I'm gonna be sitting here in a snit at 2:30 a.m.

As a side note...while synching up, because it's taking awhile, I remembered that there was suppose to be a rare lunar eclipse this morning from 1:30-1:53 a.m. So I thought to myself "Self--perhaps some fresh air might be in order, and if nothing else a lunar eclipse would be a cool way to spend your minutes while you wait."

And so I went outside and it felt fantastic. It was nice to get some fresh air and it was cool and brisk. I noticed that everything was still wet from an earlier rain, and then as I looked up and saw no moon and no stars I realized that it was snowing...soooooo...no lunar eclipse for me. But, the silence was golden and the quiet neighborhood was...well...quiet. I felt better and my head cleared.

Now...after that and typing up my diatribe, I'm at song #4,381...not too many more to go...and then it's "Arrivaderci, amigos and amigas!" because this is one tired chica.

**Good news...everything worked out. :D

No comments: