Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Friday, December 17, 2010

Go Speed Racer! Go!!!


The Fantabulous Speed Racer

Because I haven't posted for awhile...not that I haven't had thoughts and written things, because I have...but...on Facebook a couple of weeks back the request went round to post your favorite cartoon from your childhood.

So, being the lemming that I sometimes am, I pondered and thought and chose Speed Racer.

I LOVED Speed Racer.

LOVED him with his dashing blue shirt and snappy white pants and his red racing scarf around his neck and his racing gloves and his cool helmet, and his crazy monkey. I was crazy about Speed and his Japanimation blue eyes and perky tiny nose and how suave and debonair he was, though at that time I didn't know those words, but as a little girl I definitely knew their effect and the charm worked me over.

Fast car + cute boy = the formula for winning little girl hearts through the ages...
and big girl hearts too... ;)

I did NOT love his girlfriend Trixie though...she was just waaaaayyyyy too whiny.
Couldn't she see how fabulous Speed was and couldn't she just shut it and enjoy the ride?? Besides, my mom always told us not to whine, so if it wasn't appreciated in me, why would I appreciate it in others?

So I looked for a Speed Racer pic and this one made me laugh.
It made me laugh because this is how I feel when I'm driving...often.

Anyway, just a little note.
Hope your life is awesome and that Christmas cheer is yours.
I'm working on it. ;)


1 comment:

Kelly Sparrow said...

I was more of a He-Man and GI Joe kind of girl. Battling Skeletor in the Castle of Grayskull and GI Joe always fighting COBRA. Maybe it isn't such shock that I married a military man. Funny Post!