Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Truck Wreck in a Nightie...

As my sister has said about herself in the past and it stuck as a great way to describe it, today "I'm a truck wreck in a nightie."

I'm sick. Again. And soooooo not happy about the situ.

I loathe being sick. I hate colds the worst--and this one is a doozy. I stayed in bed most of the day yesterday, being Saturday, the one day when no one owns me and I get to do everything that needs doing and wants doing. I had mild fevers and a few chills. Couldn't get warm and couldn't get naked fast enough...but by then I was freezing...you get the picture.

I stayed in bed and slept, read, slept and watched The Lord of the Rings trilogy...but not all of it, because like I said I slept and read too.

Then I woke up in the middle of the night several times with a mouth and throat that felt like I had left them open in the Sahara and they filled with sand and dust. I hate that feeling. You wake up because you've been a giant mouth breather during the night and you are dry as a bone. You can't get to water fast enough, and you know how when you're sick water tastes disgusting and awful, but you are choking it down just to get some moisture in your mouth. Yeah...welcome to my early morning hours. Not to complain or anything. ;)

After stomping to the bathroom in the dark with my empty glass, and having rinsed it out, just in case an invisible spider had dropped into it that I couldn't see with my dry, squinting eyes that were trying to keep my contacts in, once I had mildly hydrated, I looked up into the bathroom mirror and I jumped back. Whoa!!! Who her??

There was a wild woman with crazy hair sticking up and out in every direction with dark rings under her eyes, parched rose red lips and pale, pale skin...and she sooooo didn't look happy to be there. It actually gave me a wry chuckle. Then that lady in the mirror started hacking up a lung, gave me an evil glare and left the scene to go blow her nose...again.

I felt bad for her. She looked poorly off and I thought, man, she's had a rough night. She looks like a truck wreck in a nightie. I hope she gets feeling better...

1 comment:

Kelly Sparrow said...

He he. Hope you get feeling better. Book club just isn't the same without you!!