Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tater Tot Delight

I don't usually share recipes very often here, not for any reason in particular other than I just haven't.

Below is a family favorite. We love it. It's delicious and it's easy. It also feeds a fair crowd. We had it last night. I've been sick in bed so Beloved made it. It was everything I hoped it could be. Excellent with some crusty bread with butter and a glass of milk. I was in a carbohydrate coma that helped me forget my coughing, congested woes.

If you try it, I hope you like it. :D

Tater Tot Casserole

© 2 lbs. Ground Beef

© ½-1White Onion, Diced and sautéed w/Beef

© 2 Cans Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup (not each...the combined cans)

© 1 Can 2% Milk

© 1 lg. can Green Chili’s, diced

© 1 ½ C.+ Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated (Freshly grated is better than the bagged cheese and I like to use a little more than this because we really like it to be cheesy!)

© 1 bag Ore Ida Onion Tater Tots

© 2 cans Kitchen Cut Green Beans, drained

Cook onion, ground beef, seasoning with garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley and onion powder. Be generous with the onion powder. Add in green chili’s stirring all together, followed by the green beans. Add in soup and milk, stirring all ingredients in together. Let come to a simmer. In a 9x13-inch pan, spread all tater tots. Pour meat mixture over tater tots, distributing evenly. Sprinkle with cheese liberally. Cover in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

Happy eating!

No comments: