Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Monday, July 12, 2010

This Electric Blue Existence

July 2nd, 2010

Just saw Eclipse and loved it. Stellar soundtrack that I will now need to acquire. I loved the books and have loved the movies. There is just something so passionate and vibrant and human that it taps into within me.

I know it's fiction and make believe and over the top melodrama in it's portrayal of feelings. But isn't that how we feel sometimes as humans? Over the top and overcome, melodramatic and weighted like the only thing that matters are these times, these feelings, these emotions?

If you cannot understand it, then you miss out. If your world is so narrow to only include reality than you have lost something extraordinary in the translation and you are not more for your seriousness and groundedness, but rather less for lacking the vision and creativity, the beauty of feeling starlight even if you can't touch it.

What is it within me, when I feel others and hear music and words, that explodes my heart and merges it, crushes it, with my soul into a vibrant nebula of swirling colors and tears and laughter and pushes me to a height so high that I lose my breath within me?

Do others feel this way? Do they see what I see? Do they hear what I hear? Do they feel the universe and God within them in the things that move them? Do other people ever feel so insanely intense like their heart is about to supernova?

If they do, why don't they speak of it? There is no shame in being who you are. There is no shame in passion, emotion and feeling. Logic and reason can marry with passion and emotion, and the balance of the union is extraordinary. With control there is great freedom. There is the freedom to abandon yourself completely without being burned up and falling back down to earth like Icarus and his melted dreams of feathers.

Sometimes my feelings are so electric and vibrant that I don't know how I survive them and how this flesh, this blood and this bone contain it all.

Some things are not meant for thinking and reasoning. Some things are meant only for feeling and for imagining the great "What If?"

Myth, fable and legend come from real life imagined, learned from and expounded upon. They come from reality uncoiled and flying.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope I wasn't a mean girl when I bagged on the whole Twilight thing. One thing I do subscribe to is that if are going to be something or like something, OWN IT. And girl, you own liking Twilight. More power to you!

Tracy said...

Oh I own it sister! LOL
No half-assed adoration for me! I am in it to my armpits on this one! :)