Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Monday, July 12, 2010

California Road Trippin'...a few days caught in texts and Facebook blurbs

California Road Trippin'
June 25, 2010

Kristin and I have not stopped talking...except when we were sleeping in a parking lot on the side of the freeway next to The Liberty Bus...well...sleeping in the car in the parking lot and etc. I am so happy right now. Best friend + road trip + beach + talking & laughing = happy girl. :D

*****

Screaming, giddy, singing of Happy birthday 40 year old Tracy and Kristin! Happy Birthday to us!!!!!

*****

Today is the best Friday of my life!! I am sitting on the beach, toes in sand, damp from ocean water, talking to my best friend and holy snappity crack two dolphins swim past us, no lie!! Ah! Ah! A huge pelican just flew past and God rays are shining through the clouds!

*****

"Dolphins are the unicorns of the ocean."--Beloved

*****
June 26, 2010

Last night I fell asleep to the sound of ocean waves crashing on the shore in the inky black of a late night. It was too perfect and felt like it must have been a dream. When I woke up this morning to sea breezes and the sounds of water yet again, I found that it was no dream but was here and it was true.

*****

Lunching ocean-side at a delightful little joint called Proud Marys. Fresh Fish Tacos and Homemade Clam Chowder is my lunch order.

*****

Watching the surfers finish out their day.

*****
In Costa Mesa/Newport in the middle of the coastal night life listening to cosmo club music, on the way to a late dinner after swimming. I love you! :D

*****
June 27, 2010

Is on a boat going out to sea to look at whales and dolphins.

*****

Saw the great Blue Leviathan and it was beauty to her eyes. I even got whale spray on me! :D

*****

One of the greatest roadtrips of all time. Whales, Dolphins and Sea Lions--oh my!! Back to life, back to reality. One last bit of sand and sea as we leave town via the Pacific Coast Highway.

*****

Beemer. Beemer. Mercedes. Audi. Porsche. Beemer. Jaguar.
The parking lot for Trader Joe's in Crystal Cove.

*****

We just drove by the Ferrari dealership on Pacific Coast Highway.
F-E-R-R-A-R-I.

*****
10:30 pm Death Valley: 95 Degrees. It's a full-mooned night in the desert. The glass of my window is warm to the touch. Cannot imagine riding through here on a horse or in a wagon. I am thankful for engines and air conditioners. It is a beautiful night.

*****

100 degrees. I know...amazing.

*****

There is no water in the air. Hello desert night with your quiet wind, chirping crickets, the strong smell of sagebrush and one very large, full, beautiful, yellow moon. The stars are out kids and it's a gorgeous desert night.

*****
June 28, 2010

Watched the sunset and twilight come on over the ocean yesterday and today at 85 mph watched dawn peek its pretty eyes over vast granite mountains, blackly sillouetted with sherbet oranges and pinks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW....seriously sounds amazing and I LOVE LOVE how you documented everything....very creative...