Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Monday, July 12, 2010

Breathe Deep This Joyful Day!!

June 26th, 2010

Backstory--I went to California in the very end of June with one of my dearest friends, Kristin. She was turning 40 and had to have her "toes in the sand looking at the ocean." I concurred. We formed a pact and made a plan and made this wish of hers happen.

To me, the ocean is life. It is the balm of Gilead for my soul. I wrote the following shortly after arriving at our beach front hotel where we had a balcony that overlooked the Pacific Coast Highway and then a very small parking lot, a narrow beautiful beach and the great vast ocean that stretched on and on and on.

*****

Breathe deep this joyful day--this amazing moment--this perfection that your life is in this instant!
There is no other thought except the air that I breathe, filled with salt and water, and the vision my eyes see that does not betray my brain. It is no lie--but it is my beloved ocean.
The breeze that ruffles the palms and plays across my face lifting tendrils of my hair is pure joy to me.
This ocean, this place--the sand, the sun, the waves crashing on the shore--it is home and I have been away.
Right now, at this very moment in my life, there are no reservations that my favorite quote is alive and electric--in and out of my heart, coursing through my blood and racing all around me in its truth--

"Live in the Sunshine--

Swim in the Sea--

Drink the Wild Air!"

No comments: