Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Unrequited Love & Peanut Butter

Haven't done a Facebook post in a long, long while. So, I decided that a Sunday morning would be a good time to do another one.

Here are some of my favorites from this past weekend:

Acee: Feelin' like your head's full? It's called thinking. Go with it. -- Meredith Grey

Janell: OHHHHH MY!! My butt just stuck to the chair so bad when I stood up, I think I ripped skin off!" -Las Vegas quote of the weekend

Renee: "There's nothing like unrequited love to take all the flavor out of a peanut butter sandwich." - Charlie Brown

Kristin: Having a rough patch...made a quick little melancholic mix of some old Duran Duran on my iPod. It was like finding the old quilt out of the back of the closet that's worn soft and comforting and covers just right.

Andrea: Enjoying a beautiful, sunny morning at the cabin with my fabulous friends. We went for a little hike yesterday and I read a book on the deck for hours last night. This is some badly needed rest and relaxation!

Me: "May your joys be as deep as the ocean, your sorrows as light as its foam." Anonymous

Lisa: got sunburned in Juneau today. I love Alaska.

Kara: is sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth, and singing "the sun will come out tomorrow".....

Julie: The big boys are going flying today...landing for lunch and then off exploring again...Jake and I are the HAPPY grounded photographers-

Nirvana: It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. ~ Marlene Dietrich

Grace: We all had a fun day of painting, rice crispy treats, naps, walks, basketball, magnets and now building a door!

I love my friends and I love hearing how things are going for them, good and bad. Facebook may suck with all of its advertising, promotions and marketing ploys and its constant efforts to subvert your privacy, but it has been really great for keeping in touch, finding out the latest on babies, break-ups, new romances, jobs, ideas, opinions and favorite dinners and other minutiae in the day-to-day lives of friends and family.

There are a lot of criticisms on the whole premise of Facebook and the idea of daily minutiae and minute-to-minute details that are thrown up as status updates and other miscellaneous commentaries, but I think it's what you and those you know and associate with make of it. People who are going to be crass and gross and obscene are that way in real life, not just on Facebook. If you don't like that type of behavior, eliminate them from your friends listing. Tighten up your privacy settings, and definitely be aware of who you are associating with.

For the most part, I've found Facebook to be a mostly positive experience and a fantastic way to keep in touch with a variety of people that I have enjoyed and had friendships with through the years.

No comments: