Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Memories of a Water Girl

Looking for water photos...I've been in a water mood...and I came across some old photos, all water related. Thought I'd share.

So here is one of me, Beloved and FIL...about 100 years ago...o.k. maybe not quite 100...more like 17 years ago, just before we got married. We are standing in front of the Great Salt Lake. We use to take quite a few short trips/vacations with my in-laws. It was so much fun. They are wonderful people and a delight to spend time with. We always have such a great time together. On this particular road trip, we had gone out for the day, probably a Saturday, and since I had never been out to the Great Salt Lake we decided to go. It is a fascinating place. It is the largest salt lake in the Western hemisphere. You can find additional detail here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Salt_Lake
Here is a photo, also about 17 years ago. We were dating, engaged I think, but hadn't announced it to anyone yet. This is in Zion's National Park in Southern Utah. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zion_National_Park It was February, and the weather was amazing. We did a lot of hiking and scrambling over rocks. There was a large group of Beloved's side of the family and we all went camping together for the weekend. We stayed up late playing cards in our tent with his cousin and his girlfriend and the next day found a huge field of purple flowers, which I promptly went and laid down in. I mean when do you ever get to lay down in a huge field of flowers like an actual fairy princess...hardly ever would be the answer to that question!
This is me, also about 17 years ago...apparently 17 years ago is the magic number for me...LOL
This was in Narragansett, Rhode Island http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narragansett,_Rhode_Island and Beloved and I were visiting my family. We had gone to the beach for the day and I was sitting on the rocks directly over the crashing waves. A brave thing, considering my past experience with large, crashing waves taking me for a tumble across black rock, much like the rocks you see in front of me.

This must be sometime in 2000/2001. This is on the island of Boracay, in the Philippines. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boracay This is one of the most beautiful photos I've ever taken and completely captures the serenity of this particular evening. I believe it was my first trip (of several) to the Philippines. On this particular trip, I, along with several friends, went to Boracay for the weekend. I had been pretty sick but couldn't bear to cancel the trip, so I went anyway and it was absolutely worth it.

This last photo was on the same trip as above. This was the view from the boat as we were heading back to the mainland. It took a taxi, a plane, a bus, a boat and a dinghy to get to the island and, in its own way, was quite the adventure. I loved my trips to the Philippines. They were always such a tremendous amount of work, long days and extensive communications, but the people were so amazing and I made a lot of friends there. I loved spending time with them, getting to know Manila http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila , and the Filipino culture. What an amazing place. I really miss it still, even after all these years.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

woah...awesom photos...someone should paint that one from the Philippines

Hethrjem said...

Wow, Grace really looks like you.