Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Thursday, January 1, 2009

In Review Getting Ready to Move Forward

"Here we are in a month named after the Roman god Janus, an appropriate personification of the start of the new year. This particular Roman god had two faces so that he could look ahead toward the future and back at the past at the same time. As we get rid of an old year and look forward to a new one, we all try to be a little like Janus. We know through experience what we did wrong and what we did right, and hope to do better this year. Some people make ambitious new year’s resolutions; others just take a deep breath and hope for the best.…"

******************************************************
What a fantastic holiday season...peace, love and tranquility were present with plenty of laughter, joy and smiles. I love my family and friends and we make such a happy group no matter what the combination or the numbers are...oh yeah...and plenty of good food wherever a gathering was found.

Here are the things I'm thankful for in 2008:

My husband and his love for me, the hard work he does for our family, the friendship he provides and for his amazing sense of humor and wonderful, pragmatic way with words. He is my delight. He tells great stories and doesn't botch the jokes. He is interesting and sees the world through his own eyes...not borrowing anyone else's along the way. I like that he has his own thoughts on how things should be done and follows his own counsel.

My family in all their wonderful diversity. There are six kids and their families...minus the youngest who isn't married yet...he's his own one man family...but he lives with us so I lay claim to him as part of my family until someone lays claim on him in a more permanent fashion. I love my brothers and sister and their families. I like the example that they set in how to be a good human being, good friends, good parents and good siblings. I like that they love our mom and spend time with her, particularly since she is on her own since our dad died a few years back. Each of them have their own way of living life. When I was younger, I don't think I necessarily appreciated this as much as I do now. You know it...but sometimes you don't really **know** it. I have decided through the years, and come to learn, that obviously there is not just one way to live, one way to do things, one way to be, one way to find joy and happiness. There are many ways. To each their own...more happiness to them for taking their own path.

I'm happy that we have a happy home and that we have good wah (harmony: Japanese). It's a peaceful place and it's always where I want to be most...even though I love being other places too. But home is home...and it's a good place that we've created through these years of living life together...working, loving, living, suffering, healing, laughing...and always sticking it out together through to the end...never wanting anybody else more than each other...never wishing that we weren't together. This marriage thing is hard work...harder work than I would have ever imagined when I jumped aboard this train...LOL...but it has been worth it and I'm happy...happier than I think I am sometimes and that is truly a blessed thing.

No comments: