Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Friday, December 12, 2008

"Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!"

We love movies...and sometimes we love Cult Classics and/or "B" movies best...LOL...

Now, before any arguments get going on definition...some of these movies were big hits at the time that they came out...but are often unappreciated classics now...some of them are so bad, they are good...some of them are quintessentially quotable and people who take themselves too seriously are unable to properly appreciate the value they add to life...some are simply a blast to the past, and it is possible that if you did not live during that past, that you may not properly appreciate why the movie is as valued as it is...you get my drift...anyway...feel free to add your own favorites, I know I can't possibly capture them all.

If you decide to try any of them out...Grab some popcorn...a coke...and maybe something else to do on the side...especially if it's Tarzan, This Island Earth or The Mole People...or maybe some Chinese on a rainy Saturday afternoon and some Godzilla...but if your attitude is right...you could have a good time!...

**********************

Here are some favorites through the years...not quoting all...just a few...for flavor.
  • Flash Gordon (1980, I think)..."Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!"
  • Zorro the Gay Blade (1981) w/ George Hamilton as himself...twice..."Where do you think you are going Sr. Beaver?"
  • Best in Show (2000) "We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about."
  • Hackers (1995) Mrs. Murphy: What did you learn in school today? Dade Murphy: Revenge.
  • Lake Placid (1999) "I'm a civilian, not a trout - you have no authority over me whatsoever."
  • Eight Legged Freaks (2002) "So you're trying to tell me that a giant spider ate Gladys? "
  • Tremors (1990) "Run for it? Running's not a plan! Running's what you do, once a plan fails!"
  • Office Space (1999)...seriously...there are too many quotes...o.k...here's one...
  • Joanna: You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair? Stan, Chotchkie's Manager: Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself. Joanna: Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.
  • Mars Attacks (1996) President Dale: I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of 3 branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad.
  • Fierce Creatures (1997) w/ Kevin Klein, The Monty Python Posse, Jaime Lee Curtis Vince: I don't like you. You're weird and unattractive.
  • Anything MST 3K...though sometimes...even they cannot salvage a heinously, horrible film, that just goes to that point....beyond...
  • Godzilla...in any of its forms, its years, remakes or countries of origin.
  • Starship Troopers
  • Pitch Black
  • Creature From the Black Lagoon
  • Ed Wood (w/ Johnny Depp, Bill Murray)
  • The Wild Ones
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers
  • The Princess Bride
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still
  • Monty Python & The Holy Grail
  • Highlander
  • Tarzan
  • This Island Earth
  • The Mole People
  • So I Married an Axe Murderer
  • Serenity
  • The Fifth Element
  • Ghostbusters
  • Overboard
  • Big Business
  • Groundhog Day
  • Jaws
  • What About Bob?
  • Animal House
  • Airplane
  • Galaxy Quest
  • The Three Amigos
  • Ginger Snaps
  • Coming to America
  • Better Off Dead
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Anaconda
  • Anaconda Blood Orchid

No comments: