Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Monday, November 3, 2008

To Vote or Not To Vote...That is the Question...

Sooooo...this election year is unlike any other one I've ever seen. A lot of passion on both sides, a lot of yelling and cries of foul play, a lot of accusations, lies and half truths...well I guess that is not quite so unusual, so much as the volume seems prolific. And honestly, despite all of the talk of tolerance, I am seeing a tremendous amount of intolerance.

I think it boils down to everyone wanting their way or the highway.

For me, being politically disillusioned and completely devoid of loyalty for either party at this point in time, it has been relatively relaxing and comedic at times to watch the dog-eat-dog behaviors of the candidates, their teams, and their rabid supporters.

People...these are politicians...they kiss your babies faces with the same lips they are kissing everyone's ass with. They are just like anyone else with a career...they are looking to climb and also doing that by watching out for their best interests. It's not that I'm jaded so much as realistic about what one megalomaniac can do. It doesn't mean that the megalomaniac doesn't have good qualities and attributes, because often they do, but megalomania is still that...MEGALOMANIA. The maniac still thinks he knows what is best for everyone, millions of people in the case of the POTUS, and that he is the best man for the job.

After watching the conventions, the rallies, the t.v. spots, the interviews, reading the articles, the arguements, the debates, my conclusion is that it's just a corporate war for the new CEO--and when it comes down to that...he's still the man with all the power, with all of the perks and all of the pay...and you're still the man doing all the work, wishing the weekend were coming a little sooner and that the money stretched a little farther.

My little brother, after watching the conventions summed it all up pretty well...

"Is this really our best and our brightest?? Is there no one more eloquent and representative?"

I throw in with blood on this one...Is this really the best that the United States has to offer as far as our leadership is concerned? Is this truly as good as it gets? I think there are better and more qualified candidates out there...but when you are up against the magnificent beast that is the Political Machine...if you are not a professional politician...good luck standing up to the system and making any headway.

So much for "a government of the people, by the people, for the people" not perishing "from the earth". (Abraham Lincoln)...or maybe this is what the bulk of the population truly does want...for me, and maybe I'm in the minority and I'm o.k. with that, but it's not what I want...I could go with a lot less control, a lot less meddling, and a signficant decrease in my taxes...I earned it, I'd like to keep it and decide where I want it to go.

At any rate, at this point, it's a day late and a trillion dollars short and tomorrow will come and go no matter what anyone thinks, says or does. By no means do I have all the answers...so good luck to each and every one as you go about your civic duty tomorrow...and may the best Megalomaniac win.

No comments: