Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.

Somebody Else's Picture...credit to them, whomever they may be.
How I feel after throwing a party...

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Introspecting

It has been interesting keeping the late nights that I have lately. The house is quiet, all the family is in their respective beds and I'm left to my own devices during these pitch black hours. Sometimes I'll wander out the front door, walk outside and just look up into the sky, most of the time coated in stars and the ocassional satellite. The air is fresh and clear and again, the glorious silence. It makes you realize just how big the universe is, and how small you are on this orb that spins through space. The peace and quiet brings me joy in this world of chaos and turmoil.

I also think a lot about the people that I love, the people I like, and let's be honest, sometimes quite a bit about the people that I don't like as much as the previous two groups. Why do people say and do the things they say and do just for the sake of being mean? Why is it that people don't exhibit common courtesies towards each other? So much selfishness and pride in the world today--and everyone is so much more important than anyone else around them. This kind of behavior really doesn't get you anywhere. Oh, sure, sometimes it may seem like it, but in the end it doesn't.

With all of the politics going on right now it has gotten even worse. There are so many different ways to solve problems, and yet, somehow the politicians and members of the media stick with the same old boring rote of bashing and lieing. No one's telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help them God. No one. Don't get me wrong...I'm not naive enough to expect it...but I'm also not so jaded that I've lost all hope either.

Well, time is ticking...I'm exhausted and it's time for bed...well, really it was time for bed hours ago...but it is what it is for now. I've got a beloved job search to continue tomorrow...hopefully someone somewhere will eventually want me...if not, I may resort to selling off body parts to the highest bidder! LOL

2 comments:

RE said...

Welcome to the crazy world of blogging, darlin. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts, you wild woman of wisdom!

Silmara C. said...

This is funny! Do you think e-bay would be a good way to do that?